Businesses have a lot to keep track of on a daily basis. One of the most important things that they will need to keep track of is the hours that each employee works. Businesses that have hourly workers will want a system that can be accurate, reliable and will prevent employees from trying to cheat the system. There are a number of time tracking systems available. The key is to finding the best one that fits your company’s needs.
Time Card Systems
When it comes to clocking in and clocking out during the work week, there are two main types of systems. The most common type is a time card system. This is typically a physical time clock located in on area of your workplace. Each employee will be responsible to clock in and clock out at the appropriate time each day. This can be done in a number of ways. Older systems will use punch cards that can be stored next to the time clock. Other more common systems use key cards that the worker keeps with them. These key cards can also serve a number of functions, such as allowing entrance into the building.
Time card systems that are more advanced can have a biometric system. This is the most secure type of system because it works with each individual employee’s fingerprint. This system cannot be cheated by clocking in someone else, which can benefit a business that has had trouble with that issue.
One of the most convenient time clock systems is through online software. Like any other website, this time clock system allows employees to use a username and password to clock in and out each day. Most of these systems can be accessed from any computer, so they can clock in right from their work desk, or the system can be used for businesses that allow employees to work from home.
If you are ready to transform the way that your business tracks the hours for your workers, you can find the system you need and order today. Once you have installed the system, you will be able to accurately record and track your hourly workers with ease.
If you work at home like many parents do these days, your office is probably where you spend a substantial part of your day. Well, when you are not cooking for the kids, playing chauffer, or rocking in the nursery all night this is where you are at. If you are like most folks who work at home, you need to make the most of every second you are in your office. The last thing you need is to be working in a room you can’t wait to get out of. Below are a few essentials that will make your work space more inviting, comfortable, and even a little inspiring.
1. Extra Seating – Most people simply have a desk and chair in their office. You sure could use a little variety. You probably do not need to be actually sitting at a desk the entire time you are working. Go stretch out on a futon or fall into a beanbag chair.
2. Ethanol Fireplace – There is absolutely nothing more inviting than a warm fire. Not to mention, when you sit in one place, your metabolism slows down and your body temperature drops. The heat will feel good, and these fires are nontoxic and maintenance-free. You can get a tabletop one at stores like Ethanol Fireplace Pros.
3. Plants – Introduce a little live energy to your office space, and it just might awaken your mind. They will at least make the air you breathe healthier. Make sure you are considering available light when choosing your plants.
4. Aquarium – Countless studies have proven that fish promote creativity. Even if you don’t necessarily need to be creative for your job the fish are still nice to look at anyway.
5. Filing System – Your filing system really needs to work for you. When you need to cram two hours’ worth of work into a 30-minute naptime you can’t waste valuable seconds digging through paper monsters to find what you are looking for.
6. Baby Video Monitor – If you have a baby or toddler then you probably waste a lot of time walking back-and-forth from the office to their room to check on them. Even though you can listen through the baby monitor and hear if they wake up, it is just not the same as actually seeing them. Do yourself a favor and buy a baby video monitor with night vision. Plus, it will allow you to check on them in the middle of the night before the risk of waking them up.