I know it is really better to have a list of items to buy before going to the mall or stores to avoid wasting of time. It is helpful…we all know that.
1. Use portion control.
2. Avoid fried foods – substitute a side salad. (go easy on the dressing)
3. Limit bread, chips, and appetizers while you wait for your meal.
4. Go easy on the cheese.
5. Choose light salad dressings, served on the side.
6. Enjoy a salad and an appetizer in place of an entree.
7. Take home half of your meal for tomorrow’s lunch.
8. Order fresh fruit or fruit sorbet for dessert.
9. Enjoy as many simply prepared vegetables as you like.
10. Go for foods that are baked, broiled, roasted or grilled.
I am not a fan of vegetable salad but I am now starting to like them. Yet it still depends on my mood. Vegetable salads are good for us though.