An insurance agent was teaching his wife to drive when the brakes suddenly failed on a steep, downhill grade.
“I can’t stop!” she shrilled. “What should I do?”
“Brace yourself,” advised her husband, “and try to hit something cheap.”
– ‘Stewardesses’ is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
– The Baby Ruth candy bar was actually named after Grover Cleveland’s baby daughter, Ruth.
– Armadillos have four babies at a time and they are always all the same sex.
– Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.
– A group of unicorns is called a blessing. Twelve or more cows are known as a “flink.” A group of frogs is called an army. A group of rhinos is called a crash. A group of kangaroos is called a mob. A group of whales is called a pod. A group of geese is called a gaggle. A group of ravens is called a murder. A group of officers is called a mess. A group of larks is called an exaltation. A group of owls is called a parliament.
Thanks to Arcamax.com
He had never missed a day and was never late.
Consequently, when on one particular day 9 A.M. passed without Johnson’s arrival, it caused a sensation. All work ceased and the boss himself, looking at his watch and muttering, came out into the corridor.
Finally, precisely at ten, Johnson showed up, clothes dusty and torn, his face scratched and bruised, his glasses bent.
He limped painfully to the time clock, punched in, and said, aware that all eyes were upon him, “I tripped and rolled down two flights of stairs in the subway. Nearly killed myself.”
The boss said, “And to roll down two flights of stairs took you an entire hour?”