Looking at my father-in-law pulling of the meat from the turkey, I feel hungry. I am eating the white meat this time.
Speaking of cooking, aspiring chefs and even interested individuals are invited to join The Cooking School weekend in Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel on October 16th and 17th. The schedule of activities includes:
- Wine tasting
- Four course dinner preparation
- Saturday and Sunday cooking demo with Chef Nathan Read, the hotel’s very own chef
Missouri has always been a place of entertainment. My cousin just went for a vacation there and she liked going to St. Louis and Branson. I want to go visit the great Arc in St. Louis and Mount Pleasant Winery in Branson. They are both interesting to me.
1. Use portion control.
2. Avoid fried foods – substitute a side salad. (go easy on the dressing)
3. Limit bread, chips, and appetizers while you wait for your meal.
4. Go easy on the cheese.
5. Choose light salad dressings, served on the side.
6. Enjoy a salad and an appetizer in place of an entree.
7. Take home half of your meal for tomorrow’s lunch.
8. Order fresh fruit or fruit sorbet for dessert.
9. Enjoy as many simply prepared vegetables as you like.
10. Go for foods that are baked, broiled, roasted or grilled.
I am not a fan of vegetable salad but I am now starting to like them. Yet it still depends on my mood. Vegetable salads are good for us though.