“Are you ready?” That was my friend NJ’s question when she called few days ago.
“I haven’t started packing yet,” I said chuckling.
“I am excited na sis’,” she said.
“Me, too,” I reckon.
My friend NJ and I together with her big sister and my daughter are traveling together to the Philippines. It would be very awesome if we will be spending our vacation together but no. NJ and her big sister will attend a reunion in their town. Me and my daughter will be spending our long vacation with my side of the family.
I started packing already. Although it’s three weeks before the flight, I can’t help gathering stuff like clothes, personal care items, and homecoming gifts and putting them all in the luggage. In fact, I already finished packing my darling daughter’s suitcase yesterday. I don’t want to mess with it unless I really need to.
Attachable Front or Backseat Car Organizer Storage Car Seat Cover
Don’t you hate it when your car is cluttered? And if you are traveling with kids, the clutter is worse. Yet there are solutions to this problem. One of them is a car storage and organizer that you can attach behind the seat.
This item has been in my wishlist for a while until it was fulfilled a week ago by Amazon. Yes. I bought this item at a discount price from Amazon. I find this item neat because:
- the material is sturdy durable polyester.
- it sits straight and flat behind the seat.
- the straps and locks adjust and snaps very well.
- its seven storage pocket compartments can hold books, snacks, packed drinks, and other important knick-knacks you and your kids need while traveling.
- the color of the product matches just right with the interior of my car.
- it is easy to wipe clean.
How neat is this Attachable Front or Backseat Car Organizer Storage Car Seat Cover? This way, I can prevent clutters in my car. A few favorite little kids’ toys, small books, and a gadget are all we need to bring.
*I bought this item at a discount product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Traveling is so much fun, and it is so heart-warming for sure! It also makes you experience a lot more than just sitting at your home. But all those new experiences might make you forget about some essential stuff! In order to help you not to forget about it all, below you will find a short list of stuff you just can’t forget. It will definitely improve your whole traveling a lot more and make your experience even more perfect. So – let’s get to it right away!
- Online coupons for the booking. You should never forget that there are thousands of online coupons that will let you book any hotel room a lot cheaper! Just like these Hotels.com online coupons I got from ChameleonJohn.com! It seems like nothing, but in reality it really works magically well. So you can enjoy traveling the world in a much smaller cost!
- Photocopy of your personal documents. It is also very important not to forget to make a copy of your ID or passport. There might be some unplanned events and you can lose it. With a photocopy of it you will be able to return to your country or just to prove something really necessary. For instance – always bring a few copies of your wedding license if you are traveling in Muslim countries.
- You should also always inform your bank or credit company if you are leaving the country for long. The company might assume that your card was stolen and somehow got abroad and they might block it. And so you can leave standing without any money. To avoid that – contact your bank and inform that you are leaving the country. This way they will know that is you who is spending money somewhere in Thailand.
- While you pack, use some basic packing tricks. For instance – roll your clothing rather than folding it. It actually saves a lot of space in your bag or luggage and it will surely let you pack more important stuff than clothing. Of course, not all clothing works well with rolling. Some like to be folded more, so keep that in mind and don’t forget to get creative while packing. It can save you some time and space for sure!
- If I started to talk about packing, then I need to remind you to always pack a pair of earplugs with you. You don’t really know the place very well and all the stuff that can bother you during those few precious hours of sleep. Those little miracle makers will let you get well-rested and it won’t take any space in your bag too.
- Also, don’t forget to bring your headphones with you. Nobody want to hear what music you are listening and so why not avoid doing that and pack your headphones too? Also, there are going to be a lot of plane rides and buses and you will enjoy it more with your favorite music. Trust me, pack your headphones. You won’t regret that!
- Finally, your personal medical kit should find some space in your luggage. Especially if you are suffering from a migraine or stomach aches. Somewhere abroad it might be pretty hard to find the right medicine, so you should prepare for all illnesses at home and while packing.
Passport and boarding pass.
In order to make your traveling and vacation more hassle-free, store your important documents in a very sturdy travel bag which you can carry around without difficulty. Travel documents like passports, air tickets, hotel confirmations, and money are the most important things. Always keep them secure wherever you may go.
At the beach. I love the beach.
It’s officially summer again! Well, in some parts of the world. Anyway, do you have any summer vacation plans yet? It doesn’t matter if you are going on a month-long summer getaway or not. What’s important is that you get at least a week of vacation to spend with your family or special someone.
Because summer is getting hotter and hotter, we cannot compromise our health and enjoyment. So below are some of the most important tips to have an enjoyable summer vacation.
- Decide where to go. If you want to go to an island vacation, to the beach, or resort, better plan it ahead of time and decide immediately. As we all know, hotels in these places get fully-booked immediately so the soonest you can make up your mind about vacationing here is the best.
- Shop for airfare and hotel accommodations. When you figure out the place for your vacation, it’s time to shop and compare airfare (if you are traveling international or domestic) and hotel accommodation prices. It is always great to find cheap flights.
- Do not overload. The key to an enjoyable and satisfying travel and vacation is traveling lightly. We want to wear what are light and comfortable and bring what are convenient to use. My husband complains (sometimes) because I have so much stuff in my luggage that I ended up not useful at all. Don’t ever forget to bring sunscreen, lip balm, and a small first aid kit.
- Take only the important things. Yes I said that do not overload but don’t forget the important things also such as passports or ID, credit card, pocket money, keys, digital camera and memory card, cellphone, chargers, travel/booking confirmations, itinerary, and the like.
I hope that we all have a wonderful summer and always be safe.