Traveling is so much fun, and it is so heart-warming for sure! It also makes you experience a lot more than just sitting at your home. But all those new experiences might make you forget about some essential stuff! In order to help you not to forget about it all, below you will find a short list of stuff you just can’t forget. It will definitely improve your whole traveling a lot more and make your experience even more perfect. So – let’s get to it right away!
- Online coupons for the booking. You should never forget that there are thousands of online coupons that will let you book any hotel room a lot cheaper! Just like these Hotels.com online coupons I got from ChameleonJohn.com! It seems like nothing, but in reality it really works magically well. So you can enjoy traveling the world in a much smaller cost!
- Photocopy of your personal documents. It is also very important not to forget to make a copy of your ID or passport. There might be some unplanned events and you can lose it. With a photocopy of it you will be able to return to your country or just to prove something really necessary. For instance – always bring a few copies of your wedding license if you are traveling in Muslim countries.
- You should also always inform your bank or credit company if you are leaving the country for long. The company might assume that your card was stolen and somehow got abroad and they might block it. And so you can leave standing without any money. To avoid that – contact your bank and inform that you are leaving the country. This way they will know that is you who is spending money somewhere in Thailand.
- While you pack, use some basic packing tricks. For instance – roll your clothing rather than folding it. It actually saves a lot of space in your bag or luggage and it will surely let you pack more important stuff than clothing. Of course, not all clothing works well with rolling. Some like to be folded more, so keep that in mind and don’t forget to get creative while packing. It can save you some time and space for sure!
- If I started to talk about packing, then I need to remind you to always pack a pair of earplugs with you. You don’t really know the place very well and all the stuff that can bother you during those few precious hours of sleep. Those little miracle makers will let you get well-rested and it won’t take any space in your bag too.
- Also, don’t forget to bring your headphones with you. Nobody want to hear what music you are listening and so why not avoid doing that and pack your headphones too? Also, there are going to be a lot of plane rides and buses and you will enjoy it more with your favorite music. Trust me, pack your headphones. You won’t regret that!
- Finally, your personal medical kit should find some space in your luggage. Especially if you are suffering from a migraine or stomach aches. Somewhere abroad it might be pretty hard to find the right medicine, so you should prepare for all illnesses at home and while packing.
Passport and boarding pass.
In order to make your traveling and vacation more hassle-free, store your important documents in a very sturdy travel bag which you can carry around without difficulty. Travel documents like passports, air tickets, hotel confirmations, and money are the most important things. Always keep them secure wherever you may go.
In this present generation, even the young children like toddlers are learning how to use electronic devices. It is amazing how they quickly absorb the manner of manipulating an electronic device like a tablet. I know some of us are guilty on giving our child a tablet or a cellphone that they can play a game there so we can get to do what we got to do in the house or while in the middle of an errand. Do they really need it? As with traveling, do you let your kids play on their tablets to get them entertained while on travel? Some people will say yes, but others will say it depends.
The most common gadget that young kids use nowadays are tablets. I have an almost 5-year old daughter and she began asking me for a tablet when she was three years old. She saw my friend’s 4-year old daughter playing with her tablet while we were at a Bible Study. My daughter got fascinated with it because my friend’s daughter let her borrow it for a little while taking turns playing what’s on it. Because I didn’t want to buy a tablet, I decided to let my daughter use my cellphone at home. I downloaded a couple of game applications for toddlers. Whenever we’re on the road-going to town for kids activities or visiting the folks out of town or something, I let her play on the phone since those applications don’t require an Internet connection to work. The problem is it’s wasting the phone’s battery.
Anyway, what I am trying to imply is that, letting our kids use tablets or cellphones for entertainment while traveling is not bad as long as we limit the usage. Even playing with age appropriate game applications should be supervised because some of these apps have in-app advertisements.
When traveling, I bring the following with us:
Tablet – I downloaded five toddler games for her. The most favorites are the My Little Pony game and the Magic Piano. She can also do drawing and sketching on the tablet.
Coloring booklets – I have a storage at the back seat where I have the coloring booklets and crayons ready for my daughter to grab.
Books – Reading materials like books are always recommended to bring.
CD – My daughter has a favorite record from the artist Enya.
Favorite Toys – bunny (lovey) and My Little Pony figures.
How about you? What gadgets and activity materials do you bring when traveling with your kids?
As cell phones have become more and more popular, new kinds of cell phone accessories have begun popping up everywhere. From Bluetooth accessories and headsets to car chargers and carrying cases or holsters, there is quite a wide variety of merchandise to choose from. When you’re shopping through these many accessory options, you may be considering the very popular cell phone case. Why would you want to choose a cell phone case to put on your phone? Cases are a great accessory that are specifically tailored to your phone model and offer some beneficial advantages for your phone. Here are some of the benefits you could get from the use of iPhone cases.
Making Your Phone Last
Most people take their phones with them everywhere they go so that they can always have access to make calls, send texts, check email, etc. When people have their phones on them all the time, whether in their pocket, a purse, or a cell phone holster, they are exposing their phone to damage, like scratching, denting, or completely breaking. Cell phone cases allow you to continue taking your phone with you wherever you go without risking damage by protecting your phone when it gets dropped or smashed. These cases not only protect your phone from getting scratched or dented, thus keeping your phone looking new much longer, but they also prevent your phone from getting broken. In this way, cell phone cases save you a lot of money by extending the life of your phone and eliminating the need to replace a broken phone with a new one.
Making Your Phone All Your Own
While cell phone cases are protecting your phone, they can also be used to stylize your phone. With the iPhone being such a popular smart phone model, it is pretty impossible to go anywhere without seeing someone who has the exact same iPhone as you. If you want to make your phone unique from the crowd and use your phone to highlight your individual style and taste, a case is a great option. You can look through many different designs and styles for iPhone cases in order to find one that showcases and distinguishes your phone.
A Filipina friend I met online invited me to a concert held this evening in Mesquite. It’s charity event for the church and I thought I should go see it. Besides, I haven’t been to Fil-Am (Filipino-American) gatherings with live performances before. I arrived at the venue a little earlier than my friend so I took a sightseeing for a bit.
Half price book sale. But donations accepted.
While waiting for my friend to arrive, I took photos of the ticket area.
The church’s yard.
The event hall. Filled with decorated tables and chairs. Ready for dining.
Yours truly waiting for a company so we can start eating dinner.
When my friend arrived, we picked a table in front then we head on and got some food.
What I got for dinner? Chicken mechado, menudo, adobo, rice, and a slice of bagel.
For dessert: Leche flan, mini cakes, and strawberries.
The first performer. She’s not one of The Three Is Magic singers.
The second performer. Not with The Three Is Magic singers either.
The Maharlika Dancers performing the Singkil dance.
Maharlika Dancers performing the Pandango sa Ilaw dance.
Alright! So here’s the first singer from The Three is Magic. My friend (on the far left) who invited me to the concert was up there. I didn’t know she was one of the back-up singers.
I got the chance to have my photo taken with the third performer. He sang oldies songs popularized by Frank Sinatra, Engelbert Humperdinck, and Neil Diamond. My favorites were: “The Way You Look Tonight”, “The Last Waltz”, “Sweet Caroline”. And he gave roses to all the women in the room. Sweet!
I guess they are the officers?
The second singer of The Three is Magic is a young lady. I wasn’t able to take her photo because I had to go to the powder room. Anyway, it was a successful event as well as fun and enjoyable. I got to meet my online friend in person.
Driving home at nine o’clock in the evening from the concert by myself wasn’t so difficult. Good thing I had my mobile phone with me. I called my husband letting him know that I’m on my way home. Cell phone is a great travel companion you know. I don’t like traveling alone at night though.