This afternoon, I joined the Mother’s Day BBQ party with friends held in Royse City, Texas. One of the girl friends just moved in Royse City few months ago and she hosted the Mother’s Day BBQ party. Everyone brought something to grill – pork, beef, and seafood. As usual, there are lots of food.
Mother’s Day Party Feast
Oooh, dessert. 🙂
Whenever girls get together, we talk a lot. But when we started eating these delicious foods, we got quiet for a while. 🙂
On the other hand, one of our friend said there will be an Asian Festival in Dallas this coming Saturday, May 18. I haven’t been to festivals since I got here in the US and I don’t know how to go to Dallas by myself. The event is going to be held in Downtown Dallas so lots of one-way streets. I want to go. Hopefully, my husband will let me.
In the next two weeks, it’s Mother’s Day. Better think of something to give your beloved moms. If your moms love to travel, here’s a few of travel items you can give her on Mother’s Day.
1. Luggage – A new luggage can be of help with her traveling. If she likes designer brands, go for it. If she’s not into it, a durable and high quality luggage is a good choice.
2. A getaway – It’s Spring time so it’s a great time for a short vacation when the weather is fine. Treat her to a weekend trip to the beach or tourist attraction within the US that she haven’t been before – like a trip to Branson, Missouri for example is a nice idea.
3. A cruise – If your family haven’t gone to a cruise lately, I guess this is a great time to go on a cruise ship and enjoy an adventure over the seas and port hopping. 🙂 Whether it’s in the Caribbean or Mediterranean, a cruise is also an option.
4. Travel gadgets – These include iPad, netbook, new watch, scarves, travel organizers, and travel pillows.
5. Car – It’s not bad to give your moms a new car. 🙂 She will surely appreciate it.
I hope these choices are of help. Whatever you decide to give your mom as a gift on Mother’s Day, keep in mind that it’s the thought that counts.
We missed my husband’s nephew’s birthday party. And we did not go my in-law’s place for Mother’s Day. My husband was not in the mood to travel first weekend of May. My mother-in-law was working part time on that Mother’s Day weekend. So we just had a nice dinner here at home with some company of close friends. My cousin and her family weren’t here because they already had plans that evening.
My husband made some pork ribs and chicken barbeque, cucumber and tomato salad. We also had corn on a cob, baked garlic bread, and mixed fruits. Our friend brought pasta salad, grilled milkfish, and rice cake.
Yours truly with my Mother's Day treats
My Mother's Day greeting card from hubby
As usual, whenever we get together at the table, there no chance to take photos because we’re all focused on eating the delicious meal on the table.
My friend and neighbor left a bit early after dinner because she and a few of our girl friends had to go Sambuca 360, a disco bar in Plano. Well, they said it’s a nice place party goers and disco lovers. If only I had a babysitter that night, I guess my husband would allow me to go.
We had a wonderful Mother’s Day dinner at home. Always nice to be with good friends.