Moving into a new place or a new house is not easy. There are many things to consider and it needs a lot good planning. My husband and I moved twice. First, we moved to Fort Worth for employment reasons. Second, we moved back to the house for personal reasons-we are building a family. Everything went well for us.
But the moving itself was a huge work. If you moving or planning to move, this checklist might help you keep organized.
1. Plan your move in advance.
2. Inquire if the mover is licensed & verify their license via the regulatory agency in your area.
3. When asking for an estimate give an accurate count of boxes, types and sizes of furniture, and the floor of your apartment, etc.
4. Ask for the quoted price in writing & make certain all arrangements regarding your move are documented.
5. As what forms of payment they take.
6. Check your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance to see if it covers moving accidents or inquire if the mover offers additional liability coverage.
7. Have a friend or family member assist in supervising the move.
8. Keep your phone connected during the move to resolve any problems that may arise.
9. Ask if surcharges or other costs may be added during or after the move.
10. Get a receipt/copy of the final signed agreement.
11. For a mover’s license status, complaint history or to file a complaint, call the nearest State DMV office near you.
12. For additional complaint history inquiry, call The BBB at 713-868-9500 to locate The BBB in your area.